Friday, December 9, 2011

Shopping for The Family Thanksgiving

Well the week before Thanksgiving was a huge trip for me. I hadn't shopped in about a month and we were in need of some things before the family Thanksgiving dinner we had planned.

There were lots of good deals going on this particular week so I figured I better do some stocking up!

I got La Lechera sweetened condensed milk for $.99 plus I used a $.25 coupon so each was $.72 - what a deal!

I also got Crisco vegetable oil for $1.99 with an ad match-up then used coupons to make the deal even sweeter. I had two for $.50 off and 7 for $.25 off so the most I paid was $1.72. Needless to say I don't need to buy oil at $3.48 each any time soon!

I also ad matched Ocean spray cranberry juice for $1.99 (I saved $.98 off the wm price) plus I had several $.50 coupons, so you guessed it - $1.49 each! Woo-Hoo!

Lipton tea bags were on for $1.99 - I used some $.50 coupons and got six boxes for $1.49 each - love that deal!

I matched marshmallows for $.89 from Tom Thumb and snagged three!

I also got flour for $.88 - this is a deal I can't pass up - especially since we make all our own dog treats these days. I store this in zip bags and throw it in the freezer - sweet deal!

Azteca had 30 count eggs for $1.99 so I grabbed one for that great deal.

El Rods had Calidad nacho chips on sale for $2.58 which saves $.50 a bag, but I had some $.75 off coupons so woo-hoo! I saved $1.25 per bag!



I matched Wright's ad for boneless, skinless chicken thighs at $.99 lb and also the assorted pork chops deal at Kroger - $1.99 lb - I grabbed some of those too. I also picked up boneless skinless chicken breasts using the El Rio Grande ad for $1 lb. That is another good one.




Pumpkin Love! I love pumpkin - fall is certainly the time of year to stock up - pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins, yum yum yum! I got 10 cans at $.99 each - saving $.69 on each one.

Bruce's Yams were on sale for $.98 at El Rod's - that's a savings of $.78 each.

Hellman's mayo was on sale at Fiesta for $1.99 plus I had a $1 off coupon so I actually got it for $.99.

I also grabbed a few cans of evaporated milk,can't make pumpkin pie without it right, for $.79 - which was the roll back wm had on so no extra savings there. I got a couple of cans of cooking spray using the Save-a-lot ad - $1.59 each - saving me $.29 a can. Wishbone dressing was on sale at Tom Thumb for $1.19 each - I combined that sale with $1 coupons and score six bottles for $.19 each!

Terry's had MOM cereal for $1.99 this week - which saved $.59 on the frosted flakes and $1.29 on the crunch - not bad! The rolls were on sale for $.99 - saving a penny each. Nestle chocolate chips were on for $1.99 this week at Tom Thumb - I used the $1.25/3 coupon and saved about $.70 per bag. Asparagus - (yummy wrapped in turkey bacon...drool) was on for $1.88 lb and 10 lb potatoes were $1.98 - saving me $1.79!






Can't have pumpkin pie without cool whip right - so I grabbed some for $.79 - saved $.17 each. I also saved $.19 each on the stick butter and $1.33 per bag on the frozen fruit. I even got Buttermilk for $.99 - this is my "rid-ex", so I am always looking for a good deal. Biscuits were on for $.88 a can.




I matched an ad for soda's for $.75 each - I stocked us up!




















I matched our most favorite ever Ocean Spray cranberry for $.99 - which saves $.17 each. I also matched sb green beans and carrots for 5 for $1 - can you believe $.20 a can - that's a great deal! I replenished our green bean stockpile!!!

I had a $2/1 any size Tide coupon, so I got a trial size for $.97 (to pass along to my friend Angela P) and made $1.03 toward my basket. I also picked up five free first aid kits and made $.03 on each one.



Here is my pride and joy - the Thanksgiving Turkey! LOL

I got it for $.19 a pound so for this big 20+ pound bird it was $3.82! What a winner!!! Love it!

Well that was my before Thanksgiving Day shopping trip. It was a big one, but a good one for sure. Lots of savings and deals. Woo-Hoo!

Until next time, smile alot, clip what you need and share the rest and don't forget to show Jesus' love to your cashier and the long line behind you!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment